History: Pearl City Highlands Elementary School opened its doors on September 3, 1958. The school had a total enrollment of 427 students from K-5. There were 25 staff members including the principal. The school was constructed with 18 classrooms and a cafeteria worth $469,974. Some of the teachers who opened the school were Ms. Evelyn Misaki, Mr. Edward Misaki, Mr. Melvin Furukawa, Ms. Sadie La Porte, Mr. Masaji Takeuchi, Mr. Toichi Saito, Mr. William Nagaishi, Ms. Hiroko Yoshisige, Ms. Maedalena Casuga, Ms. Lily Mizuno, and Ms. Gladys Murakami. The first principal was Mr. Thomas Osakoda. He first used the acronym PEACHES to name the school. The present administration building and library were completed in 1961.
School Vision: Pearl City Highlands Elementary School (PCHES) embraces lifelong learning in a safe, nurturing environment so students will reach their fullest potential and become responsible, participating members of society.
School Mission: Administrators, teachers, parents, students, support staff, and community members of PCHES work together in an environment with a warm, secure and nurturing climate in order to: • Increase student achievement • Strengthen partnerships with home, school and community • Strengthen classroom instruction through standards implementation and professional development.